A Great Many Things Keep Happening

Some of them good, some of them bad.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Playing Catch-up

Did you all know that Ph.D. coursework is, well, work?

It has been a busy year, this semester so much more so than the last. Still, in between the moments of desperate sleep deprivation, in which I fall asleep on the couch, with Anthony Bourdain droning on in the background on the television, and a copy of Piers Plowman draped across my stomach, it has also been a very good year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bardiac said...

Yep to the work part. And welcome back :)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Steve Muhlberger said...

I'm glad to see your excellent blog title is not going to waste.

On cutting down that paper: try cutting every third paragraph, or third word. That'll sober you up!!!:-)

More seriously a senior scholar once told me his 20 min papers were 7 pages long. I am now senior in age and rank, at least, and I've never managed that.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Ecce Equus Pallidus said...

Bardiac--Thanks! It is nice to be back.

Steve--I have heard the same thing from a couple of sources. The reasoning I've always heard (not going over time, reading slowly so people can absorb your paper) all make sense, but I will be shocked if I can manage to cut it that short with this paper! I'm aiming for 9ish.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home